Friday, October 7, 2011

Crock Pot Potato Soup

I just found this recipe on Pinterest (which I am addicted too)!  I was glad I had it on the menu cause I ended up having to work so I threw it all in and let it cook all day and it was DELISH!  I have another potato soup recipe that I got from my mother-in-law that we have always used so this was nice to try something different.  I got a 10 thumbs up on this!!!

What you need:

bag of Ore Ida shredded hash browns*
3 cans chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken
1/2 onion chopped
1 block of cream cheese
shredded cheddar cheese & bacon bits for toppings**

Throw hash browns, onions and 2 cans of broth in crock pot.  Whisk the other can of broth and the cream of chicken then pour in crock pot and stir.  Cook on low for 6-8 hrs or on high for 4 hours.  Add the cream cheese about 30 minutes to an hour before serving. Stir good to make sure it is all incorporated.

*Instead of the bag of hash browns, you can use a cheese grater and grate about 5-6 cups of potatoes.
**I cook my bacon in the oven at 400 degrees on a *bacon only* cookie sheet.  I turn the bacon every 5 minutes to keep it from sticking and to crisp both sides til it is cooked the way I like it.  Crispier when I need it as a garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment