Sunday, August 19, 2012

Breakfast Tostadas

We have just recently discovered tostadas at our house. We always used taco shells but the kids never were able to eat them without them breaking before they even got a bite. So my Mom suggested tostadas which of course I was skeptical but now we seriously eat them all the time. Just last night I made typical tostadas with refried beans, hamburger meat, cheese, salsa, sour cream, black olives, etc. Well, tonight we were busy cleaning out leaves from the gutters (thanks to our Oklahoma drought...all our leaves are falling in August) so I needed a quick fix for dinner. I saw the tostadas still sitting on the counter and some fresh eggs we had just gathered so I figured breakfast tostadas would be perfect.

All I did was scramble a dozen eggs with about 1/2 cup half & half then I topped the tostadas with the eggs, chopped up ham and cheese. Baked for about 3 minutes then topped with ranch dressing and salsa. I made some with just eggs and cheese for my picky eaters and our "dessert" was yogurt with sprinkles.

Of course they got ten thumbs up!

1 comment:

  1. Never thought about doing breakfast tostadas. Neat idea!

    ReplyDelete